In a comment on one of my posts, a woman asked “Do you have suggestions for special needs programs online that are free?”.
This was a question I had never considered, but I realized that there are many parents out there who struggle to find virtual activities which are appropriate for their special needs child.
I have been scouring the internet and here are some links I have found.
- This was my favorite site. I am fairly certain that these games are all free. https://sites.google.com/site/specialneedsgamesonline/home
- It looks like these ones are free, but it seems there are some games that require a subscription. http://www.do2learn.com/games/learningames.htm
- The things I clicked on here were free, but I can’t say that about all of them. http://teachinglearnerswithmultipleneeds.blogspot.com/2009/09/free-online-activities-for.html
- This page has 101 links for you. I do not know if these sites are free or not. They also may not all be online games, but it might be a good resource. http://www.howtolearn.com/best-websites/top-101-special-needs-websites-spring-2011
- This website has all sorts of software, resources, and printables for FREE. I didn’t see any online games, but I did not click through each link. http://www.internet4classrooms.com/assistive_tech.htm
If I come across any more good sites during my virtual adventures, I will update this post.
Do any of you have a suggestion? Let me know and I will add them here!