I sure do!!! I love to explore!!!
My kids enjoy my exploring — most days 😉 It all depends on my definition of the word on a particular day.
ex-plore 1: to look into or travel over thoroughly 2: to examine carefully
When most people hear the word “explore” they probably think of physically going someplace — such as hiking or taking a trip to a new land. Those are surely forms of exploration, but they are not the only ones. My kiddos are never sure what to expect when I exclaim “Let’s go exploring today!”.
Exploring may mean:
- … trotting out to the garden to examine the plants we discussed during our science lesson
- …discovering an online math game to practice what we learned while completing our math lesson
- … exploring a museum through the magic of a virtual field trip to examine our art lesson close-up
- … finding a website chock full of facinating facts about our social studies lesson
- … going on an excursion to the local library and returning home with an adventure in the making
taking an early morning hike in our own backyard!
The next time book work, portfolios, or live lessons seem be taking over your life just exclaim “Let’s go exploring today!”. — you never know what wonders may await!
God Bless 🙂